South Tampa Aquatic Team
Diversity & Outreach Swim Program
To educate and engage youth and families from multi-cultural, ethnic and underrepresented socio-economic backgrounds, through the development and implementation of innovative programs; fostering increased diversity, competitive excellence, leadership and safety awareness at all levels of swimming.
Why is STAT’S Diversity and Outreach Program important to our team and community.
1. Nine people drown each day in the United States and drowning is the second leading cause of accidental death in children under the age of 14.
2. The youth drowning rate is more than double the national average in ethnically diverse communities.
3. Nearly 6 out of 10 African American and Hispanic/Latino children are unable to swim, nearly twice as many as their Caucasian counterparts.
4. South Tampa Aquatic Team’s Diversity and Outreach Program will help teach children how to swim who may not otherwise be able to afford lessons.
5. South Tampa Aquatic Team wants to maximize the power of community with partnerships to empower the children with success.
A small donation could help a child develop safe and life long swimming skills!
Interested in helping or donating to this great program, please email us.